Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Role Models

Author Maggie Stiefvater just released the cover for LINGER and it is stunning. Plus she gave a sneak peak of the first paragraph.

grace

This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one.

Just a few months ago, it was Sam who was the mythical creature. His was the disease we couldn’t cure. His was the good-bye that meant the most. He had the body that was a mystery, too strange and wonderful and terrifying to comprehend.

But now it is spring. With the heat, the remaining wolves will soon be falling out of their wolf pelts and back into their human bodies. Sam stays Sam, and Cole stays Cole, and it’s only me who’s not firmly in my own skin.


I loved SHIVER and can't wait for the follow up. Go wolves go!

And Aprilynne Pike posted an amazing guide about first-time authors, publishing, and goals that any aspiring author should take a look at.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Andrea for another amazing post and helpful link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only hope my cover is so pretty. I finally just read Ballad and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete